Get a Driver's LicenseYou may have seen a job that is perfect for you... except that you need to have a driver's license or even your own transport. Maybe you're spending so much on taxi and bus fare every day and you think you could have bought your own car with that money by now. Maybe the perfect job is just too far away to use public transport. Whatever your reasons, getting your Driver's License can help you to get a better job, even if you can't afford to buy a car right now. So where do you start?
This for those who want to have a legal, Kenyan driving license
- You must be 18 years and above.
- Decide which kind of motor vehicle you want to learn to drive i.e. small car, truck, lorry, trailer or motorcycle.
- Go to a registered driving school and register for classes.
- After registering at a driving schol, you are issued with a learner's driving license
- Take at least 14 driving lessons which cover actual driving on the road and in the class room where you learn rules and regulations of driving in Kenya through practicing on a table model of different road situations.
- At the end of the lessons you will do a traffic exam.
- Your driving school will register you at the nearest traffic police testing centre.
- Traffic police driving test centres can be found in district headquarters. Nairobi has 2 centres at Karen and Thika Road.
- If you pass the exam, you are issued with a 3 month interim driving license
- The driving license is sent to you after 21 days as a registered letter through your post office.